John Cherouvim wrote:

> I've been trying to setup a mysql connection pool using JNDI as shown in
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
> But no luck.

> *What I get in tomcat\logs\stdout.log is:
> NotifyUtil::java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
>    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

A "Connection refused" sounds like your driver config is fine but
either MySQL isn't running, it's configured with skip-networking,
or you've got a firewall/iptables/whatever issue.

Can you connect (`telnet localhost 3306`) from the command line?

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                          dream.  code.