Rick,

I have made the changes and was able to replicate the problem pretty quickly. And again no message in the mod_jk or catalina.out files.

It turns out that my workers file has all of those properties. I am including it below.

# Define worker using ajp13
worker.list=worker1, worker2

# Set properties for worker1 (ajp13)
worker.worker1.type=ajp13