John,

If you need help with setting up the environment I
described (and BOY could I have used help my first
time--mostly I tutored myself and failed and failed
before succeeding) you can ask me and I will know at
least where to point you for relevant information.  I
assume you have done your own building of software
packages from source like PostgreSQL, but if you
haven't, that alone can feel like a daunting
task--really, its quite simple.  Just email me
directly and I'll fill you in as much as I can.

Justin