Hi Rick,
Yes my data comes from different locales I should say it's a legacy
data. I have no ability co convert it to UTF-8 right now.

response.setContentType("text/html;charset=..."); mess up the not
UTF-8 output, I'm getting ???s instead of a valid data.

I think I'll go with request.setCharacterEncoding(encoding);

Crossing my fingers...

Mark.