I don't believe commenting out the port 8080 in the server.xml file is the
fix to your problem. What it seems is happening is that apache is not
forwarding the request for the servlet to Tomcat. Thus you probably have a
configuration problem with tomcat-apache.conf.

By using port 8080 you are accessing tomcat directly thus bypassing Apache.
Read through the docs on setting up Apache with Tomcat and make sure you
have the configuration correct.

If you need any other help just reply