At 03:35 PM 4/10/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Yeah, it surprises me a little. All the docs say ajp13 is faster due to it's
>connection re-use.

I can tell the connections are being re-used (by monitoring with
netstat).  But it hasn't turned out to be a time saver for me.

>I tested mod_jserv (ajp12) against mod_jk (ajp13) in my own tests and found
>mod_jk to be about 40% faster. It also scaled more smoothly and handled the
>load less erratically. I was doing simple inserts into a MySQL database from
>my servlet. However, I didn't test mod_jk (ajp12) vs. mod_jk (ajp13). I
>might have to go back and try that...

That would be great if you have a chance.  I was just hitting a "hello world"
servlet in my tests.  Although I found mod_jk/ajp12 to be faster than
mod_jk/ajp13, nothing beat the speed of hitting the HttpConnectionHandler
running on port 8080 or whatever.

  -mahaffey