[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Being a newbie to TOMCAT and Java.  Is there a good book or some other type of
>reading material for TOMCAT.  I work as a system administrator and will not be
>developing JAVA servlet applications.  But, I do need to understand the ins and outs
>of TOMCAT for installation, configurations and security.  I don't understand the
>information in the various files, like server.xml, web.xml, etc and their
>releationships.
>
> Dave

Hi :-)  there are several books about how to develop Servlet(for example,
Jason Hunter's book), but I didn't find a book about how to admin
TOMCAT, I suggest you read the following:

- TOMCAT web site
- the document in TOMCAT(for example, in jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/doc)
- there are many good emails in this List

Bo
Apr.12, 2001