getParameterMap() is a method of the ServletRequest class, which is part of the javax.servlet API. It comes with the Java 2 SDK Enterprise Edition 1.3. You can download the API from the sun website. This is what I have installed on my developing machine... but maybe tomcat uses an older version of the servlet API.

Frans