> getParameterMap() is a method of the ServletRequest class, which is part
of
> the javax.servlet API.

But that's the thing: grep'ing the sources for Tomcat 3.2.1, the interfaces
for JSDK 2.0 and JSDK 2.1, and the JSDK 2.2 spec, I can't find this method
anywhere.

Again, could you post the line of code where you call getParameterMap(), and
the declarations for the objects it uses?

> It comes with the Java 2 SDK Enterprise Edition 1.3.

ServletRequest comes with JSDK, not J2EE.

> You can download the API from the sun website. This is what I have
installed
> on my developing machine... but maybe tomcat uses an older version of the
> servlet API.

It depends on what version of Tomcat you've got--Tomcat 3.2 implements JSDK
2.2.

                                                            -- Bill K.

getParameterMap() is a method of the ServletRequest class, which is part of
the javax.servlet API. It comes with the Java 2 SDK Enterprise Edition 1.3.
You can download the API from the sun website. This is what I have installed
on my developing machine... but maybe tomcat uses an older version of the
servlet API.

Frans