From: Milt Epstein [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 8:09 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: mod_jk build on Solaris

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Mark Crouch wrote:

> I tried updating the apxs perl script with the following:
>
> my $CFG_TARGET        = 'q(httpd)';            # substituted via
> Makefile.tmpl
> my $CFG_CC            = 'q(gcc)';                # substituted via
> Makefile.tmpl
> my $CFC_CFLAGS        = 'q( -DSOLARIS=260 -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_PERL_SSI
> -I/usr/local/include -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite `../apaci`)';
> my $CFC_CFLAGS_SHLIB  = 'q(-fPIC -DSHARED_MODULE)';
> my $CFG_LD_SHLIB      = 'q(ld)';
> my $CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB = 'q(-G)';
> my $CFG_LIBS_SHLIB    = 'q()';
> my $CFG_PREFIX        = 'q(/usr/apache)';
> my $CFG_SBINDIR       = 'q(/usr/apache/bin)';
> my $CFG_INCLUDEDIR    = 'q(/usr/apache/include)';
> my $CFG_LIBEXECDIR    = 'q(/usr/apache/libexec)';
> my $CFG_SYSCONFDIR    = 'q(/usr/apache)';
>
> When executing the script, I now receive the following errors:
>
>       Global symbol "$CFG_FLAGS" requires explicit package name at
> /usr/apache/bin/apxs line 91.
>       Global symbol "$CFG_CFLAGS_SHLIB" requires explicit package name at
> /usr/apache/bin line 371.
>
> I was unable to copy verbatim the settings that John had mentioned due to
> differences in the location of certain apache directories.
> Does anyone have an idea why this is failing?

I don't really know what you're trying to do, but the above looks like
a simple perl problem.  Note that when you define the variables, the
names are $CFC_CFLAGS and $CFC_CFLAGS_SHLIB, while the error messages
are for $CFG_CFLAGS and $CFG_CFLAGS_SHLIB.  Looks like a simple typo.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]