From: miles [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 5:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: mod_jk

Hello,
I've been working with Tomcat 4.01b1 for a while as a standalone on Mac
OS X. Now I want to get mod_jk and configure Apache to work with Tomcat.
But I've been following discussions on the list, searching the archive
and checking out the directions at:
source: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-
tomcat/src/doc/mod_jk-howto.html
and none of it seems to apply to Tomcat 4.0!
I must be missing something.
For instance, in the instruction page, I'm told to download the Tomcat
source, since there is not prebuilt binary of mod_jk for OS X. So I
downloaded the Tomcat 4.0 src.
Then is says go to directory:
jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache1.3
but there is no directory like that in my src!!
So there is nowhere for me to run apxs.
Do I need to get Tomcat 3.x source or something?
Can someone direct me to a step by step install instructions for mod_jk
and Tomcat 4.0 on unix? Since OS X is similar to FreeBSD.
Thanks!

- miles
miles poindexter
software mechanic
openly informatics: linkbaton conductor program
http://my.linkbaton.com/conductors