you have to modify web.xml
and add:
        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>HelloWorld</servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>dummy.HelloWorld</servlet-class>
        </servlet>
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>HelloWorld</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/servlet/dummy/HelloWorld</url-pattern>
            </servlet-mapping>

then you can reference it using the URL you have written

On Tuesday, May 22, 2001 3:43 PM, Montgomery, Kendal L
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am just wandering how I deploy a servlet that is part of a package, and
> how to reference it.  For example.. say you take the HelloWorldExample
> servlet that comes with and modify it.  Rename the source to
> HelloWorld.java, and change the file appropriately, including adding a
line
> at the top:
>
> package dummy;
>
> so, it is in the dummy class.
>
> When I deploy this "new" HelloWorld servlet, I put it in
> ...webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/dummy/HelloWorld.class.  Now, to
> reference this, I expected to be able to go to my browser and hit
> http://myserver/examples/servlet/dummy/HelloWorld
> <http://myserver/examples/servlet/dummy/HelloWorld> .  That did not work.
> So, what do I have to do to make this work?
>
> By the way, I am running Apache 1.3.19 and Tomcat 3.2.1.fasdf
>
> Thanks..
>
> Kendal L. Montgomery
> Qwest - eFlow Development Team
> 614-215-4937

Tato komunikace je urcena vyhradne pro adresata a je duverna.
This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential.