From: Brandon Cruz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 4:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Architectural question for tomcat-apache running Virtual Hosts

 I sent this question over the weekend, but don't think anyone saw it.  I
have an apache-tomcat configuration running on Linux servers.  Does anyone
have any experience or know if there is a limit to how many virtual hosts
you should set up on one instance of tomcat?  What is the most traffic or
connection limit before I should either use another instance of tomcat or
use an entirely new server?  How can I track the status of everything to see
when we are getting too busy?  Is there a good software I can use?  Maybe
even some basic Linux commands on Linux I can use to keep track of things?
I am pretty new to these types of issues, if anyone can provide some insight
or tell me where to look to do a little research on this topic, I would
greatly appreciate it!  Thanks in advance...

Brandon Cruz