You need to get them info the classpath before the parser.jar file
is added.

        You can do this several ways:
        1.  Edit Tomcat.bat to add xalan/xerces before the internal
classpath is built
        2.  Drop xalan/xerces into TOMCAT_HOME/lib and rename them to
_xalan/_xerces (or anything else that makes their file names before parser
when listed alphabetically).  Note, this only works if the tomcat.bat file
is setting the classpath dynamically, which it does on Unix and NT unless
you edited it.  I don't believe that this happens on Windows 9x/Me.

        Randy