To all of you "tomcat fans",

Attacking me with these immature e-mails shows the following things:
1. not accepting other people's opinions and experiences
2. blindly repeating the same things over and over again.

1st of all - how many of you have installed Tomcat with about 30 virtual
servers with integrated Apache behind a load balancer?
When you make this work - then you can tell me how good Tomcat is.
I tried it - it works - but it's not stable and mod_jk is slow when you have
this multihost environment.

2nd of all - you are right, there is no sign "Get your complete and
comprehensive documentation here". But this doesn't solve the problem with
the lack of documentation. Linux is open source too - look how many books are
there on Linux.

3rd - it's not my job to hire somebody to write a book about Tomcat. I'm just
stating that I will not use it until somebody writes something. Unfortunately
I don't have the time to write a book about Tomcat.

4th - reading your solution about writing a shell or Perl script for the
servlets mapping problem shows that you have no idea about SHELL scripting
nor PERL programming (and I guess Tomcat either)

5th - I haven't met anybody in this mailing list who has a complex
installation of Tomcat with a lot of virtual hosts , different ports and load
balancers. So - who will help me in situation like this? No books , no
support, no help from the mailing list.

Thanks
Nick