firstly - right list.  unfortunately I dont have a direct answer for you,
although do see what you're asking.  what might help you though is something
like struts (http://jakarta.apache.org/struts).  it handles the sorts of
issues that are (by the sounds of it) at the base of your problem

cheesr
dim