Milt wrote:

> This idea has come up before, and I think it's one of the best for
> dealing with the high volume on this list (I guess it's one of the two
> or three highest volume apache lists).  I even volunteered to take the
> lead in doing this.  So I sent a note to the list owner explaining the
> idea.  Unfortunately, I never heard anything back.  Without the list
> owner's cooperation/participation (or someone who can modify the
> apache/jakarta mailing lists), it won't be possible to do this.  So,
> we could do some work on this (i.e. figuring out what separate lists
> to have), but unless we know that it's going to come to something, it
> doesn't make sense to do too much work on it.

perhaps if we came up with a general consensus as to how to split the lists,
we might get more of a response? As a first draft proposal, what about the
following division:

tomcat-config - for deploying webapps (web.xml, war files), working with
server.xml, running on various platforms etc
tomcat-integration - for working with other webservers, EJB containers,
databases etc.

Please feel free to comment....

sam