Ok now I'm convinced that I have something misconfigured.  I wrote 2
simple servlets

    http://beru.cariboulake.com:8765/servlet/Servlet1
    http://beru.cariboulake.com:8765/servlet/Servlet2

As you can see from the attached source all Servlet1 does is call
Servlet2.  I'm going to browse though some of the tomcat docs and see if
I can find what is mis-configured.

joe

--
##############################
# Joseph Toussaint           #

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

/**
 *
 * @author  jdtoussa
 * @version
 */
public class Servlet1 extends HttpServlet {

    /** Initializes the servlet.
    */
        super.init(config);

    }

    /** Destroys the servlet.
    */
    public void destroy() {

    }

    * @param request servlet request
    * @param response servlet response
    */
    protected void processRequest(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
    throws ServletException, java.io.IOException {
        response.setContentType("text/html");
        java.io.PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();

        out.println("<html>");
        out.println("<head>");
        out.println("<title>Servlet1</title>");
        out.println("</head>");
        out.println("<body>");
        out.println("Servlet 1");
        out.println("</body>");
        out.println("</html>");

        response.sendRedirect("/servlet/Servlet2");

        out.close();

    }

    /** Handles the HTTP <code>GET</code> method.
    * @param request servlet request
    * @param response servlet response
    */
    protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
    throws ServletException, java.io.IOException {
        processRequest(request, response);
    }

    /** Handles the HTTP <code>POST</code> method.
    * @param request servlet request
    * @param response servlet response
    */
    protected void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
    throws ServletException, java.io.IOException {
        processRequest(request, response);
    }

    /** Returns a short description of the servlet.
    */
    public String getServletInfo() {
        return "Short description";
    }

}
/*
 * Servlet2.java
 *
 * Created on July 9, 2001, 7:37 AM
 */

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

/**
 *
 * @author  jdtoussa
 * @version
 */
public class Servlet2 extends HttpServlet {

    /** Initializes the servlet.
    */
        super.init(config);

    }

    /** Destroys the servlet.
    */
    public void destroy() {

    }

    * @param request servlet request
    * @param response servlet response
    */
    protected void processRequest(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
    throws ServletException, java.io.IOException {
        response.setContentType("text/html");
        java.io.PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();

        out.println("<html>");
        out.println("<head>");
        out.println("<title>Servlet2</title>");
        out.println("</head>");