Hello,

I have just installed the JDK and Tomcat 3.2.1 on Win Server 2000 . . . all of my example jsp files work fine. My problem is that I am trying to create a directory to put my own jsp files. I  copied the included date.jsp file and put it in a directory named "phil", under webapps. I then made an entry into the server.xml file context path . .when I browse to the directory, I see the jsp file . but when I try to run it, it won't load the class file. I come from an ASP, IIS background so I am unsure what to do. I really want to create a "virtual directory" and do my jsp files in it . . but I am not having any luck doing anything outside the examples directory. I did look in the docs and in the archives, and I didn't see anything that helped me. Please keep in mind this is my start for doing jsp . with the intention of migrating my asp application over. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Phil