At 01:30 PM 25/07/01, you wrote:
In html, which is horrible! Please sort it out!

>I'm having problems installing Tomcat on my Win98Se machine.  Below are
>the directions from Jakarta for installing Tomcat.  I've commented what I
>don't understand.

<snip/>

>Change directory to "jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1" and set a new environment
>variable (TOMCAT_HOME) to point to the root directory of your Tomcat hierarchy.
>////This I don t understand.  Are they talking about doing this in
>autoexec.bat or in the tomcat.bat file?////

In autoexec.bat

>On Win32 you should type:
>"set TOMCAT_HOME=foo\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1"
>////Again, are they talking about within autoexec.bat or someplace else?////

In autoexec.bat

>  Set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to point to the root directory of
> your JDK hierarchy...
>////Where is the environment variable JAVA HOME located?

In autoexec.bat

>.... then add the Java interpreter to your PATH environment variable.
>How does one do this?

In autoexec.bat (!)

The basic syntax:
set MY_ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE=c:\path\to\whatever

and to add to the previously set variable

set MY_ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE=%MY_ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE%;c:\path\to\whatever

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo: