Hi,

it's not good practice since it well be heavy processor load.
Actually JSP being transformed to servlet, and JspServlet forward incoming
request to it. JSP is not an interpriter. JSP page need to be compiled into
servlet each time its (JSP) source changes on disk if it's the first request
to a page. For your situation XML/XSL transformation is better solution.
Lookup at Xalan or Coccon project at xml.apache.org.

Regards,
Andrey