Hi all,
I know this is perhaps not the most appropriate place
to present this question as it is a purely java
installation problem. But I hope you'll bare with
me.Am getting an 'libjvm.so' error.

I am trying to install jdk1.3.0_02 on RH linux 7.1
from the .rpm installation.
I've used the rpm -ivh <filename> and even the
GnomeRPM after login as root. The installation
completes successfully, and I even query for errors
using the GnomeRPM but shows me nothing.
However when I run the java or the javac programs I
get the following error.

--start
#java somefile
/usr/java/jdk1.3.0_02/bin/java: /usr/bin/cut: No such
file or directory
/usr/java/jdk1.3.0_02/bin/i386/native_threads/java:
error while loading shared libraries: libjvm.so:
cannot load shared object file: No such file or
directory
--end
Indeed the /usr/bin/cut file doesn't exist.
I can't try download the jdk1.3.1 (now downloadable as
one single file) as I am on slow and unrealiable
dial-up link.

Finally, I have the same jdk (jdk1.3.02) installed
from the same .rpm file running flawlessly on a RedHat
6.2 system.

Thank you.
Allan