Please tell me what is dangerous about running tomcat as root? I've taken
the following security measures :
port 8007 and 8009 is blocked from the outside (firewall)
tomcat is not running on 8080 and only allowing communications from
localhost (127.0.0.1).
The only potential problem is that if a tomcat /apache bug is exploited, you
potentially have a problem.

Looks pretty solid to me though..

Mvgr,
martin