Johannes Lehtinen at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am starting the Tomcat from /etc/rc.d/init.d/tomcat script (using it in
> stand-alone mode) using "exec su -c $TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh tomcat".

Seems all right for me, apart the "exec" command... But it really depends on
how you installed your RC script. "exec" replaces the RC script with
startup.sh, so, if something else is done in your RC after that line you
mentioned, it won't be executed... (So, if you want to start Apache in the
following line, that's not going to happen)...

Apart from this non-security-related note, everything seems pretty much
allright... :) :) :)

Can I include it in the docs for TC4.0? With the obvious modifications, of
course :) :) :)

    Pier