hatim at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello ,
> im using the latest release of mod_backhand with apache 1.3.20 and with
> jdk1.3 and tomcat .
>
> Desciption of my architecture :
>
> i have 2 web servers that make the same work , i use mod_backhand for the
> loadbalancing between them .
> and i use workers.properties in the Tomcat configuration to allow
> loadballancing between the two tomcat server .
> i have one dns server using bind who makes Round Robin with 1 secondes TTL
> for the both entries ( server web 1 and server web 2 )
> they are accessible from the internet under the same name www.server.com (
> for ex)
>
> when a client connect for the first time in www.server.com , he is redirect
> to server web 1 ( for exemple ) . then a session is created (jsessionid=...
> )in this server , and when he makes another GET , he must be redirected to
> the same server web where he has a session opened .
>
> when i tried to connect from the internet to www.server.com with a direct
> connection , it s work very well .... session are always retrieved .
> but when i tried to surf on www.server.com using a proxy -cache server ( like
> squid ) to access to the internet , i have a problem with a JSP request .
> the client isnot redirected to the right server , so he didnt retrive his
> session .
>
> and i dont know why ?
>
> Any idea ? thank you from your help !!
> do you thing that it is possible to  resolve this problem with installing a
> cluster for the 2 server web  ?
>
> Any solution ?

I believe that it's a misconfiguration of  mod_backhand... Are you sure
you're using the bySession candidacy function in the module, so that your
sessions will "stick" to a particular webserver...

It's a problem I'm currently trying to solve for the WebApp module, and it's
not an easy trick to balance BOTH your Apache http connections and your
Tomcat backhands... :(

    Pier