First thank Vladimir Grishchenko and Rob S. for your help

But in my case, since our product has its own framework and we just do some
customization. So the directory structure is fixed, it looks like this
d:\vendor\webapp1\codebase\
        under this directory there are classes used by webapp1
d:\vendor\webapp1\codebase\
        under this directory there are classes used by webapp2
The two webapps has many other directories and also they have many similar classes
with the same package name.

In our case,
server.xml has these entries:

     <Context path="/webapp1"
                      docBase="d:\vendor\webapp1\codebase"
                      debug="0"
                      reloadable="true" >
      </Context>
     <Context path="/webapp2"
                      docBase="d:\vendor\webapp2\codebase"
                      debug="0"
                      reloadable="true" >
      </Context>
Our developer is used to generate classes in d:\vendor\webapp1\codebase\ and
d:\vendor\webapp1\codebase\

If I can redirect d:\vendor\webappx\WEB-INF\classes to d:\vendor\webappx\codebase\
just like symbolic link under UNIX, this problem will be resolved. So I wonder if
there is a place where we can define CLASSPATH in our webapp instead of put our
classes in a fixed place( although it is relavant to our webapp ). I think this is a
good feature if implemented.