----- Original Message -----
From: vinod tomcat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 7:19 PM
Subject: confusion

> hi friends,
>
>  can anybody help me ..i m in fix ..
>

>   1. some body said me that containts of work
> directiory in tomcat are generated automatically and
> normal functionaing of a site dosent get affected if
> all class files in work directiory are deleted . is
> this true ???
>
>  even if i delete all class files in work ,
> application works fine ??  please help me...

I am not sure about but in my case it works, as i feel that container at
runtime generates .class files in this directory, so no harm in deleting
those class files.

>  2. if i make any change to any jsp file , do i need
> to delete the class files of work directiory ???
> somebody said me so ..is this necesssery to make
> changes effect ??

U got to delete the corresponding class files from the works directory.But
not all the time. Also check ur server.xml for the following
<Context path="/examples" docBase="webapps/yourapplication" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >

good luck
asheesh