I've asked this twice already and have yet to receive an answer.  Someone
running Tomcat 4.0 must know the answer to my question.  I must get this
resolved since the security requirements of my application require the
user's session to automatically time out after 5 minutes of inactivity...

How do I set the session time out for a context in Tomcat 4.0.  The session
time out is defaulting to 18000 seconds (5 hours?).  I have tried adding the
following to both my context's WEB-INF/web.xml file and the
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml file but both are ignored.

  <session-config>
         <session-timeout>300</session-timeout>
  </session-config>

How do I go about setting the time out to 5 minutes?

Thanks,
Jim Urban
Product Manager
Netsteps Inc.
Suite 505E
1 Pierce Pl.
Itasca, IL  60143
Voice:  (630) 250-3045 x2164
Fax:  (630) 250-3046

PS:  Love Tomcat 4.0, it seems really solid!