> How are you noticing that your session is still active?
I let the browser sit for 10 minutes (timeout set to 5 minutes) and I click
a button on my browser page which invokes one of my servlets.  The servlet
asks for the session and receives current session complete with all the
values (user settings) that were set in it by my logon servlet.  If the
session had timed out, the user settings would have been null.  I also ask
the session its timeout value and it still says 18000 seconds.

Jim