Hi all,

This is a very off-topic post (as perhaps it has nothing to do with tomcat),
but I hope people would like to guide me on this..

I'm using Tomcat 3.2, Apache 1.3.19, Jdk 1.3, Jdbc-Odbc Driver on Win NT
4.0.  I want my application to work with both the databases..i.e. with
Ms-Access 2000 and SQL Server 7.0.

I completed my whole application with Ms-Access, everything working
fine..then I tried with SQL Server 7.0...by exporting databases from
Ms-Access to SQL Server. For most of the parts of my code...which is
interacting with DBs thru JDBC worked fine...except for some syntactical
changes... but the major problem is with field types of *DATE*.
In Ms-Access, the field type is "Date/Time - short date" and in SQL server
it is "smalldatetime".

E.g. SQL Stmt : "Select * From <table> WHERE (<dateField> = #2001/01/01#)"
gives desired results in MS-Access, but when the DB is SQL Server, it gives
error.

And the same way, SQL Stmt : "Select * From <table> WHERE (<dateField> =
'2001/01/01')" gives desired results in SQL Server, but when the DB is
Ms-Access, it gives syntax error, saying that data types mismatch in
criteria expression.

So, how should I deal with these types of things in my code, to make it
compatible with Ms-Access and SQL Server as well.

Your guidance will be a great help for me.

thanks and regards,
Chintan.