I did the following based on the inputs I received (thanks for replying),
however, I am still not successful in getting it to work

   * I made sure that the web-inf directory was in upper case (WEB-INF).
   * Winzip shows that all the jar files are in WEB-INF/lib/ directory. But for
     some reason winzip shows the web.xml file is in web-inf/web.xml although
     when extracted it the file is in WEB-INF/web.xml. Is this wrong ??
   * When checked using winzip, I do not see the empty sub directories under
     WEB-INF/lib. However, when running tomcat, these empty sub directories gets
     created.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to make it work

Thanks in advance.

Abi -