Hi,

The service() method in HttpServlet checks the request HTTP
method and calls doGet(), doPost(), doHead(), etc.  The
default implementations in HttpServlet simply output a
message to let the world know you messed up.  For
GenericServlet you override service() and provide your
own checking of the HTTP method, if desired.

Larry