I wrote a simple servlet that opens several template HTML files and
presents the browser with a template based UI.  This all worked in
Tomcat prior to v4.0.  While testing my system with Tomcat v4.0 I am
getting a permissions problem.

The exception call stack is as follows:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Invoker service() exception
java.lang.LinkageError: Class javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest
violates loader constraints

I looked into setting the catalina.policy file up to allow AllPermisions
to the user.home as follows.
grant codeBase "file:${user.home}/*" {
  permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

The above setting seems to have no obvious affect.

Am wondering what is the correct syntax for allowing all permissions on
the files located in the user.home directory?  Essentially I need to use
file IO operations on these template files.

Am I even in the right area for trouble shooting this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Ken Crismon