From: "Javier A. Leyba" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 1:09 AM
Subject: Re: Newbie question

On 11/04/2002 at 0:18 yilmaz wrote:

>Hi Javier!
>Servlets should be under webapps/yourcontext/WEB-INF/classes/ directory.
>yourcontext can be anyone like, ROOT, examples,etc.
>One more thing do not  forget to append /servlet/ to your url.
>Just to be more helpful for a new comer :
>say you put your HelloWorld servlet under
><tomcathome>/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/
>your url should be like this:
>http://localhost:8080/servlet/HelloWorld
>
>Hope this helps :)

I've tried but it didn't work.

I've made a new directory called classes under  /Program Files/Apache Tomcat
4.0/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF and I copied my HelloWorldExample.class to this
directory.

>From my browser I tried
and I received a "The requested resource (/servlet/HelloWorldExample) is not
available."  message.

Need I to define a new context ?

<jl>