If it does use PrintWriter to write the output, then it makes sense for
it to only output text. See this from the PrintWriter javadoc:

Print formatted representations of objects to a text-output stream.
This class implements all of the print methods found in PrintStream. It
does not contain methods for writing raw bytes, for which a program
should use unencoded byte streams.

If you want to include files of non-text types (or types that are text,
but not included in your MIME types list), why not just write a utility
method that opens a file, reads it and returns its contents as a
String?

-August