Hello,

We've developed a web application that uses Dynamic HTML Behaviors (see end
of e-mail for details of what they are). These rely on ".htc" files on the
server, which are basically simple static text-based files containing DHTML
scripts, which are mapped to tags by CSS.  These work fine with Tomcat 3.2.x
and IE5+, but the exact same files under Tomcat 4 do nothing.

It's quite a puzzling problem, and I hope some others on the list can help
solve or at least explain what's going on.  It would seem that Tomcat is
serving up the files OK in both versions (I've done some HTTP GET requests
for the same file against TC3 & TC4, both seem ok).  However, when IE
requests these same files, it only takes account of them when served by TC3,
not TC4.  Maybe it's a bug in IE, but I only get this problem when these
files are requested from TC4.  When requesting these files from Apache, IIS,
Resin, or a load of other servers, I've never had any problems.

What differences between TC3 & 4 could explain this problem, and how can I
get around it?

Many thanks,
Christopher Brown

Explanation of "Dynamic HTML Behaviors" (or "why it'd be nice to be able to
continue to use them"...):

They're supported by Internet Explorer, and are roughly similar in idea to
the proposed "css/script bindings" for Mozilla.  For those who don't know,
DHTML Behaviours have been around since IE5 and are a nice way to associate
a client-side script to HTML tags in a clean way (you define a CSS class
that refers to the behaviour file, and then associate the class to HTML
tags; when any event -- such as "onclick" or "onmouseover" -- is fired, the
"behavior" is checked to see if has defined a handler for that event);
behavior files are text based, and wrap script in XML elements.  They're
great for making reusable active page elements...