Using port 8080 connects directly to Tomcat running in stand-alone mode.  If
you want to use port 80 (the web server standard/default), you must either
use a web server and configure it to pass all *.jsp pages to Tomcat, or
configure Tomcat to listen to port 80 instead of 8080.  Connecting Tomcat to
a web server is detailed in the documentation:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/index.html (for version
3.2).  This page has links detailing how to setup Tomcat with Netscape,
Apache and IIS.
To change the port Tomcat listens on to port 80, change the following
section of your server.xml file as follows:
Change the http connector section from:
        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"

value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port"
                value="8080"/>
        </Connector>
To:
        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"

value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port"
                value="80"/>
        </Connector>

Note this only works if you don't have another web server already listening
on that port.  You can't have both Tomcat and another web server on the same
port.