In trying out Tomcat4 with the WebAppDeploy directive inside of
httpd.conf, I can get the servlets and jsp pages to work for all
declared directories ... except for the DocumentRoot of Apache.

In other words, if I have an index.jsp file at the DocumentRoot directory (or any
*.jsp at this root), I can't seem to arrive at the correct WebAppDeploy
directive for Tomcat to process. It gets displayed as text.

Anyone done this successfully?

Before WebAppDeploy, this snippet worked in the server.xml file:

        <Context path=""
                 docBase="/var/www/html"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"