ok....

the jsp is failing due to a class not found error...
"org.apache.jsp.MessageInfo not found."

i've scanned through the ListMessagesTag, which creates an instance of
MessageInfo, but i've moved both classes to the package "javamail.tags."

the generated JSP [nor the taglib class] does not import
"javamail.tags.*" if i add an import of "javamail.tags.*" to the JSP it
works, but that really breaks encapsulation. shouldn't the fact that
both classes [ListMessageTag and MessageInfo] are in the same package
prevent the taglib class' need to import it's helper class?

i'm confused :)

~scott