If your WebApp connection is named "tomcat4" ...
     WebAppConnection tomcat4 warp localhost:8008

Then shouldn't your WebAppDeploy statements use "tomcat4" without the "_connect" ?
     WebAppDeploy <application name> <connection name> <URL path>
     WebAppDeploy examples tomcat4 /warp_examples

Also, is "mod_webapp.so" located where Apache can find it?
    LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
    (Mine is at /usr/lib/apache/ )

...and  ServerName should be set to something in httpd.conf

--
Blaine