Well if WebAppInfo works, then mod_webapp must be working (well... at least
WebAppConnection and the WebAppDeploy directives.  It might be some kind if
typo in the email, but if not you should start by changing that.  Keeping the
original name you gave it of tomcat4, webappdeploy should look like this:

WebAppDeploy    examples        tomcat4         /warp_examples

--David