----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Engelhart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 2:17 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat, Threads and IllegalAccessError

> Oh and for your other question I have the 3rd party library stored in
> the Tomcat container home at
> jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/lib/
>
> Thanks
> Mike
>[...]

I am not sure, because your "3rd party library" is in
jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/lib/, so it will be loaded by
"Share Classloader", and "Share Classloader" is
"upper" than your "webapp classloader". I just
guess this is the reason of that problem, you can
try it by moving your "3rd party library" from
jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/lib/ into WEB-INF/lib(and
it is better to keep only-one copy).

the doc of classloader is in:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html
(other doc)