At 17:30 +0100 29/01/02, Thad Humphries wrote:
>Maybe users shouldn't use Microsoft products!  At least for email...

No kidding! I am amazed as to how Outlook appears to have a negative impact
on the quality of this list. For example, the way Outlook handles quoting
encourages people to quote far more of the original message, instead of
editing so that you just quote what you are commenting on. Many times I
have seen the list signature repeated at least four times in one single
message. I archive all mail, including lists, so THANK YOU OUTLOOK USERS
for wasting my archive space. Oh well, so space is cheap; but bad quoting
often means a message takes slightly longer to read - I consider that a
problem on high-traffic lists such as this.

-Lasse