I am using Apache1.3.20 with mod_ssl + tomcat3.3 + mod_jk + Solaris 8 +
Jdk1.2.2(green threads)
        I have a simple web application in tomcat.
        Using apachebenchmarking tool (ab) to generate many requests to my application
via apache, I find that the
allocated java heap continuously increases.
        On the other hand, generating many requests to my application directly to
tomcat, I find that the allocated java
heap remains unchanged.
        I change my application to a simple jsp.  The above scenarios still exists.
        Can anyone tell me why?? Have I set anything wrong in apache or tomcat??

Thx. and Regards.
Steve.