Mark Thill wrote:

> if I place a servlet in a non-secure area and a jsp page in
> a secure area I can use:
>
>   getRequestDispatcher(url).forward(request, response);
>
> to seemingly bypass the security. Can anyone tell me if
> this is by design

    SRV.12.2 Declarative Security

    The security model applies to the static content
    part of the web application and to servlets within
    the application that are requested by the client.
    The security model does not apply when a servlet
    uses the RequestDispatcher to invoke a static
    resource or servlet using a forward or an include.

 The spec is available at:

   http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html

--
Christopher St. John [EMAIL PROTECTED]