I'm trying to install Tomcat 4.0.1 with IIS 5.0.  I have been in the computer biz for
decades, but I have never come across a piece of software so complicated and
frustrating as Tomcat.

I have the example apps working, and I've been able to get the manager app working,
but I am at a complete loss as to how to get one of my own apps working.  I've tried
installing my app under ROOT, under webapp, and I've tried installing it using the
manager app.  None of these seems to work.

I'm trying to install the ora application from the O'Reilly book "Java Server Pages".
I can install it using the manager app, but it refuses to start.  It will show up when
I issue the list command, but it is not running.  When I issue the start command, I
get:

FAIL - Application at context path /ora could not be started
FAIL - Encountered exception java.lang.IllegalStateException: standardHost.start /ora:
LifecycleException:  Container

1. Where should I be putting this application?
2. How can I start it?

---

...Gary
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]