Hi all !

Well i try hard to get Manager working well through Warp Connector.

We use Tomcat 4.0.2/Warp 1.0.2 with Apache 1.3.22.

All is correct except a few little things like... Manager !

I really found no way to do it. Error messages like

"Can't deploy manager cause it's a priviliged application" ... make me
nervous !

So i decided to have a serious look on the
../server/webapps/manager/WEB-INF/web.xml file.

BUT i don't really understand what is doin':

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>Manager</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.ManagerServlet</servlet-class>

    <init-param>
      <param-name>debug</param-name>
      <param-value>2</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>

  <!-- Define the Manager Servlet Mapping -->
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>Manager</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

What does means that part ? a mapping like /* ???

  <!-- Define a Security Constraint on this Application -->
  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Entire Application</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

Is this part relative to the one just above ?

    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
       <!-- NOTE:  This role is not present in the default users file
-->
       <role-name>manager</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>

  <!-- Define the Login Configuration for this Application -->
  <login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>Tomcat Manager Application</realm-name>
  </login-config>

Well if someone can help or give me a way to perfectly understand all
the possibilities of such a web.xml
would be very very appreciated.

Best regards.

Jean-Luc B :O)