On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Jean-Luc BEAUDET wrote:

> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:02:16 +0100
> From: Jean-Luc BEAUDET <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Manager options...
>
> Hi all !
>
> Well i try hard to get Manager working well through Warp Connector.
>
> We use Tomcat 4.0.2/Warp 1.0.2 with Apache 1.3.22.
>
> All is correct except a few little things like... Manager !
>
> I really found no way to do it. Error messages like
>
> "Can't deploy manager cause it's a priviliged application" ... make me
> nervous !

Even after you get the deployment issues resolved, it seems very unlikely
to me that the Manager webapp will be useful through the mod_webapp or
mod_jk connectors :-(.

The reason for this:  Tomcat has no problem with dynamically adding new
web applications on the fly.  However, Apache won't be able to see them
until the httpd.conf file is updated, and Apache is restarted.

Craig