I thought if I was using the webapp module for virtual hosts it would execute as the
user that the of the Virtual Host section where the webApp directive is???

For example:

<VirtualHost jakarta.domain.net>
User jak
Group jakartagrp
ServerName jakarta.domain.net
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
DocumentRoot /home/jak/jakarta-www
TransferLog /home/jak/jakarta-logs/access-log
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/jak/jakarta-www/cgi-bin/
WebAppConnection conn warp jakarta.gotc.net:8015
WebAppDeploy webapps   conn    /
</VirtualHost>

  I would think any app executed under this user would have the users permissions??

  I must be looking at it wrong.

-chad