I have gone through the list archives and can't find a solution
(though this could certainly be my fault)...

I have installed Tomcat 4.0.1 but I can't get the /examples to
work. I did try decompressing the .tar using Stuffit, tar in
Terminal, and I tried the .zip.

I tried to follow the instructions at the Apple site (and I
think I succeeded in following the instructions), but no
/examples. I also tried to set it up for Apache and get the same
error as I get at :8080.

Thanks for any help/advice,

Ken Martin